Sunday, June 18, 2006

5-18-06

Today is my niece’s birthday. I gave her a phone call, but they were apparently out having dinner when I called, so I just left a message. I think this is her 6th birthday.

Before calling Ann, I had a full day of walking about Roman Ruins with Romalo. We started at the Sede with one of his assistants and walked, rather quickly, over to the Capitoline Hill. We started the lecture there, behind the statue of Marcus Aralias, and moved down to the Forum. Professor Benson told us to listen for rhetorical theories creeping into Romalo’s architecture lesson, and I must admit that I was skeptical about it at first, but when Romalo started his lecture I started to hear the theories I have been studying for the last four years in a different format. I didn’t expect to hear about Pontiff, or theories of perception from an architect, but Romalo blended these ideas seamlessly into his lecture.

I didn’t do too much for the rest of the day. I wandered about Rome and peeked into a few Churches I had wanted to take a better look at. My housemates and I went out to do some grocery shopping early in the evening, but ended up going out for a few glasses of wine at a little resturante on Trastevere whose names translates to “the father”. While there we met Fabrizio, whose father the place is named for. It was great fun, and by the time we got back to the apartment we had eaten so much biscotti we didn’t feel like cooking. I made some more biscotti and went to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home