Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Wacko conservative college plans elderly coup, or is that coop?

I just looked at my college's website. I won't name any names, but it shouldn't be that hard to figure out, its the only college planning a retirement village that I know about. I'm not saying it's a bad idea... I think it is hilarious. I just wish that everybody saw the humor in it. Like the people who didn't get the joke when the motion was proposed. "Hey, why don't we start a retirement villa in the middle of nowhere on a college campus? " And somebody took it seriously "Yeah, that's a great idea! Everybody gets old and feeble and wants to live their remaining years in a bleak winter wasteland most of the time! Plus they'll get along great with a bunch of rowdy teenagers having keggers across the street!" Here is a bit of the ad, which I will try to disguise so that nobody will recognize it.

From the vantage point of its rolling hills, (retirement villa) will provide a spectacular view of (A significant phalic landmark), a symbol of the College’s fierce independence. The property – which fully covers 180 acres – is
conveniently located adjacent to our campus.

Alright, I also have to put this in. There are no rolling hills in tMidwestest. None. Zip, zilch, nadda. No hills whatsoever. This is not a geographical bias, I'm just being honest.

I could also berate this institution for making up imaginary graduate degrees, but lets face it, compared to constructingretirementent villa, that's normal.

3 Comments:

Blogger TheAmber said...

Harvy,
I hate to say it hon ... but I have to correct you. There ARE rolling hills in the Midwest ... just not around the location of our esteemed college. Around Baraboo we have TONS of rolling hills. They are everywhere. Ask Lee. Not a flat surface for miles and miles. We also have a very old (and therefor very nubby and worn down) mountain range. Yup, lots o' hills in the Midwest ... just none there.

June 9, 2005 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Finite said...

For every day that goes by without an update I will kill you!

later, merry christmas, peace, so on and etc.

June 27, 2005 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger JHitts said...

I'll bet they were high when they thought of the retirement home idea. How else would they think of something that stupid?

July 1, 2005 at 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home